This weekend was a busy one, preparing to open our doors to parents, children and the community on Saturday, May 9 from 10am to 2pm.
The hard work paid off and we are so proud of what we have done up till now – yes, the centre is almost finished and ready for its big reveal! Tonight we gave a sneak peek on CTV Barrie. If you saw it, you’d hear that I have a terrible cold – but it hasn’t stopped me from loving every minute and working harder than I ever have to make the centre perfect.
If you come to visit the Lighthouse on Saturday, here’s what you can expect:
- Tour our learning rooms including, two homerooms, science room, math room, and sensory room
- Check out our indoor trampoline – something that my son is most excited about!
- A visit to our X-box room – yes, we have a room dedicated to this, and if you come to the open house, we’ll tell you why!
- Meet our staff and visit the lunch room, cubby room and staff room
- Find out more about our unique approach to autism education, our class program, admissions criteria, process and more!
So please join us on Saturday from 10am – 2pm. There’s no need to RSVP, just drop in to the centre at 219 Old Yonge Street. We look forward to seeing you!